Managing your child’s asthma can be difficult, and we want to help. Our programs in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Vermont offer medical and other services to help your child and your family better manage asthma.
You and your child will learn how to identify and avoid asthma triggers through a series of home visits with someone from your community. Supplies like a vacuum and mattress covers are also provided free of charge. All of these services aim to help your child feel healthier, be more active, and avoid expensive visits to the hospital.
If you live in any of the following areas, these services may be available to you. See below for more information on criteria for enrolling.
Connecticut: Middlesex County and New Haven County
Massachusetts: Boston and Springfield
Rhode Island: Providence
Vermont: Rutland county
Could your child be eligible? Answer the following questions:
1. Is your child age 2 to 17 years old? (If you live in RI, is your child 2 to 8 years old?) YES/NO
2. Does your child receive any of the following: Medicaid, CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program), WIC benefits, or free or reduced cost school lunch? YES/NO
3. Has a health care provider (doctor or nurse) diagnosed your child has asthma? YES/NO
4. Have any of these happened to your child in the last 12 months?
– Visited the emergency room due to asthma, or
– Stayed in the hospital to be observed for asthma, or
– Been admitted to the hospital (overnight), or
– Been prescribed oral corticosteroids (also known as steroids), such as prednisone?
If you answered yes to questions 1 through 4 and live within the listed service areas, your child may qualify. Call the contact person at the sites below to learn more about the program and find out if your child qualifies.
Children’s Medical Group (Hamden, CT)
Community Asthma Integrated Resources (CAiR)
Middlesex Hospital (Middletown, CT)
Center for Chronic Care
Ask about Little Air
Boston Children’s Hospital
Community Asthma Initiative
Boston Medical Center
Pediatric Primary Care
Ask about NEW READY
Baystate Children’s Hospital (Springfield, MA)
High Street Pediatric Health Center
Ask about NEW READY
Rhode Island Hospital/Hasbro Children’s Hospital (Providence, RI) and
St. Joseph Health Services of Rhode Island (Providence, RI)
Community Asthma Program
Rutland Regional Medical Center (Rutland, VT)
Community Health Team
If your family doesn’t qualify for the program, ask your doctor for assistance.
Questions? Contact ARC for assistance!
Want to learn more about asthma? Click here for links to other resources.